Senior Applications Developer PeopleSoft
The Senior Applications Developer - PeopleSoft position analyzes end-user technical needs, designs technical solutions, develops applications, and implements technical solutions in the PeopleSoft ERP environments at BGSU. This includes managing the technical integration of third-party applications and locally designed ERP bolt-on applications. This position collaborates with the Project Managers, Application Architects, and Applications Developers to ensure cohesive technical solution design and successful project completion.
BGSU does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with and lead resources from the user offices on projects that have heavy technical components. Related activities include:
- Technical scope definition
- Technical needs-assessment
- Technical resolution-evaluation
- Technical design-acceptance
- User-acceptance testing and training
- Create written technical specifications for the PeopleSoft Applications Developer to utilize in the development of program code and the unit testing of the development. The specifications must meet the development standards established at BGSU.
- Evaluate the end-user needs against the ERP application’s available technologies and capabilities to determine alternatives for resolving the end-user’s technical needs.
- Utilize information from the functional business process flows and the documented resolutions to design applications, enhance to applications, or functional reports that will deliver an accepted end-user resolution.
- Develop new applications, enhancements to existing applications, and functional reports utilizing the tools and technologies available in the PeopleSoft ERP applications or other approved technologies. The applications must meet the development standards established at BGSU.
- Integrate third-party software solutions into the BGSU ERP environment by interfacing them to the PeopleSoft ERP applications. This includes designing web-based or interactive interfaces and integrated reporting solutions.
- Assist with production application support and production problem resolution, including working closely with the end-user office to resolve production issues.
- Research and document potential third-party vendor solutions for BGSU end-user business needs resolution. This includes the technical evaluation of application, assessing the technical compatibility with the BGSU ERP applications, assessing the hardware, OS, and database compatibility within the ITS environments.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technologies required to design and develop solutions in the PeopleSoft ERP application environments. This includes ERP technologies, web application technologies, SOA technologies, relation database technologies, workflow technologies, and document imaging technologies.
- Other project assignments as needed which apply to the related technical skill set and the ERP application environments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- PeopleSoft Application Designer (PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interfces)
- PeopleSoft Integration Broker
- Web Services Integration (SOAP/REST)
- PeopleSoft Datamover
- PeopleSoft Process Scheduler
- PeopleSoft Financials, Human Resources, Campus Solutions application experience
- PeopleSoft FLUID Development
- PeopleSoft Workflow
- BI Publisher
- Experience in analysis, design, testing, documentation, modification and upgrade enterprise-wide PeopleSoft applications
- Strong collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated with ability to handle multiple tasks and work as part of a team
The following Degree is required:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
The following Experience is required:
- 4 years experience working in PeopleSoft application development
- 2 years experience designing PeopleSoft enhancements
Full-time Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level I57. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘September 26, 2023’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information, please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.