Under general supervision from the MEP Superintendent, the Senior Electrician is responsible for maintaining, servicing, and repairing various equipment and electrical infrastructure.
- Installs or repairs any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, UPS systems, fire alarm devices, or other electrical equipment.
- Maintains medium and low electrical power distribution and generation networks by discovering, restoring, and repairing faulty or inoperative system components.
- Assists with maintaining building electrical distribution systems and electrical equipment by implementing & preforming preventive maintenance programs and schedules for the electrical power distribution network, fire and smoke alarms and sprinkler and other electrical systems.
- Utilizes thermography to evaluate needed maintenance. Read and interpret sketches, blueprints, and layouts, determine amount of material and time involved; make cost estimates, work orders, inventory lists and project reports/records.
- May be required to serve as a lead worker and/or supervise, instruct and train semi-skilled and Electrical workers and trades people; assist supervisor in allocating work assignments; reviewing and evaluating work performance in training new personnel; coordinate work with other trades
- Troubleshoots electrical systems by researching and evaluating conditions, advising supervisor, and recommending actions.
- Assist in procuring parts and/or services for maintenance or replacement of electrical equipment and demonstrate proficiency in using a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) to enter service request.
- Responds to after-hours emergencies; works during inclement weather; and works to support various events on campus during non-business hours
- Perform related duties based on departmental need
The following Experience is required:
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a journeyman level Electrician
The following Education is required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- State of Ohio Fire Alarm License
- Successful completion of a trades certification or apprenticeship program as a journeyman Electrician
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
- Knowledge of basic science, math, and scientific methods Knowledge of basic reading skills Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘June 6, 2023’.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.