Senior Maintenance Repair Worker
Work Schedule: Twelve-month, full-time positions. Days and hours will vary and may include any of three shifts and may include weekends. Full benefit package available. The purpose of this posting is to create an applicant list to fill future anticipated vacancies.
Responsible for the day-to-day general maintenance and care for assigned buildings and grounds. Responds to work orders regarding minor plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems, general maintenance and repairs and general grounds keeping.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs minor repairs and painting of fixtures, rooms, buildings, signs and equipment. Patches, plasters and prepares surfaces for painting and may assist in masonry work.
- Performs maintenance, replacement, minor installation and repair of plumbing equipment, including traps, fittings, plumbing fixtures, valves, faucets, toilets, sinks and bathtubs.
- Performs maintenance, replacement, minor installation and repair of heating and cooling systems and equipment, including installation of window air conditioning units.
- Performs maintenance, replacement, minor installation and repair of electrical equipment, including light fixtures, electrical outlets, switches, motors, appliances, electrical circuits, fans and televisions.
- Performs carpentry work involving maintenance, alteration and repair to buildings, equipment and wood structures, including doors, windows, walls, woodwork, floors, furniture and door closers. Performs spot roof inspections and cleanings.
- Conducts building tours and minor preventative maintenance work.
- May operate machines, tools, snow removal equipment, buffers, strippers and other floor maintenance equipment.
- May repair tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage with equity, diversity, and/or inclusion in the work setting?
- One-year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance.
Full-time classified staff position. Classified Pay Grade 24/$14.21. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.