Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Work Schedule: Full-time position. Normal Days/hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of the Learning Commons, manage and serve as the primary contact for the Learning Commons reception desk, provide administrative support for department staff, process student employee payroll and prepare correspondence and reports for administrators. Provide functional supervision of student employees and assists with on-boarding and training.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain the day-to-day operation of the Learning Commons reception desk. Greets and directs students, faculty and staff, and visitors. Answer departmental communications including phones and emails; direct work flows as appropriate. Prepare correspondence, communicate and field transactions to appropriate individuals for follow up. Research and respond to inquiries and complaints.
- Support the Director and Assistant Directors with daily operations related to departmental services. Composes confidential correspondence for printing and mailing and run database reports.
- Coordinate the administrator(s) calendar and schedule appointments. Research and generate reports for the administrator's meetings. Coordinate meeting arrangements and communicate information to others as appropriate. Plan executive meetings, record minutes and assembles and distribute agendas. Coordinate and/or assists with a variety of college events.
- Maintain space, office equipment, and ordering of office supplies for staff; assists with troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Approve student employee payroll every pay period; identify and correct errors; notify and work with Assistant Directors to address payroll errors. Assist with training student employees
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- One year related experience
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 25/$15.31. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.