Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Senior Secretary - Online & Summer Academic Programs
Bowling Green State University
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Position Summary: Provides administrative support to the Assistant Vice Provost for Online & Summer Academic Programs (OSAP) and OSAP staff, to facilitate the operation of the unit. Relieves the Assistant Vice Provost for OSAP of non-routine administrative tasks. Researches, gathers information and prepares reports pertaining to online program / course enrollment management. Assists with the preparation and maintaining of summer budgets.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as receptionist (prepares correspondence and reports, answers phone & email, maintains calendars).
- Performs OSAP clerical work as needed
- Maintains OSAP office equipment and troubleshoots issues
- Compiles, enters, retrieves, and maintains information in database systems
- Queries databases and runs reports pertaining to online or summer enrollment
- Downloads, reconciles, and monitors OSAP budget reports
- Download all the grant application files that are uploaded during the application process; name all the files, and send out to reviewers. Prepare an excel spread sheet with information and collate the reviewer responses.
- Answer questions that faculty and students may have regarding grants. Ensure students submit their report file and arrange for stipends to be paid out. Maintain a data base of the CURS grants awarded.
- Tag courses each semester with experiential learning attributes in CSS and retrieve student rosters associated with these courses
- Makes recommendations on budgeting strategies as needed by OSAP Assistant Vice Provost
- Reconciles purchasing card transactions
- Coordinates work schedules
- Interviews, hires, trains, and evaluates undergraduate or graduate assistants
- Approves students' time
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and special events
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares travel and business entertainment expenses and business entertainment reimbursement
- Works on special projects as needed
- Serves as liaison for OSAP with other University offices, vendors, and the public
- Registers students for classes as needed
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to draft office correspondence
One year related experience and High school diploma or GED required.
Full-time Classified staff position. Pay Grade 25/$15.03 Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: October 19, 2018
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.