Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Work Schedule: This is a twelve-month, full-time position, working 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Position Summary: Provides support to the Undergraduate Student Development Office. Relieves supervisor of non-routine administrative tasks. Researches, gathers information and prepares reports. Assists College of Business students with basic policy and procedural issues and schedules appointments with appropriate staff. Supervises a staff of student employees to assist students and staff. Provides support to the Associate Dean for academic honesty appeals.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Greets and directs visitors, students, staff & faculty. Answer department phone and responds to inquiries and/or redirects calls as appropriate
- Hire, schedule and supervise 5 student workers.
- Approve their time.
- Coordinate work schedule
- Submit Job Posting and New Hire forms
- Interview and Train New Hires
- Schedules appointments & meetings for students and faculty via MS Outlook
- Prepares written correspondence via e-mail or MS Word
- Assists students with completing forms for dropping classes, adding or changing a specialization, appeals, graduation, etc.
- Enroll students in a class when an override is required
- Answer questions that students have regarding policies, scheduling, locations of professors and departments
- Maintains database systems. Maintains confidential files. Compiles, enters, retrieves and maintains information in database systems.
- Maintain hard student files with Academic Status and important documentation
- Reserve conference rooms in the BA building for department and Business student organizations
- Assists in recruiting by speaking to prospective students and parents about our programs, specializations, Co-Ops, student organizations. Assemble goody bags for prospectives as needed.
- Acting Commencement Liaison for the college.
- Disseminates information regarding deadlines for Regalia and Commencement program
- Coordinates the volunteering of marshals and faculty participants
- Informs the marshals of duties and rehearsal times
- Coordinates S.O.A.R.
- Schedules classrooms and Hub
- Runs report
- Prepares student files
- Research student data to check eligibility for COB
- Coordinates recruiting visits from Ohio High Schools with Recruitment Manager
- Reserves classrooms and/or Hub
- Set up Hub for visits
- Order lunches and assists with clean up.
- Assists the Deans Office
- Handles Appeals & Academic Dishonesty Cases
- Document them in Excel, Send ltr. to Student and copy necessary staff
- Attend & Record Hearings for 2nd offenses
- Create Academic Status Letters each semester
- Maintain Office Supplies
- Maintain basic supplies for office
- Handles special order of printed documents through Third party
- Purchase items at department store for special events
- Assists Campus Operations with Maintenance of COB
- Submit requests when building needs cleaning
- Submit Requests for moving of supplies or repairing of office furniture
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- One year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time, twelve-month, classified staff position available. Pay grade 25/$15.03/hr. Full benefits package available
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.