Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: Serves as department secretary. Registers/drops undergraduate students for classes, checks enrollment numbers and student pre-requisites each semester. Oversees registration and transfer credit evaluation approval process for prerequisites. Handles course evaluation materials and maintains files. Orders textbooks and desk copies. Duplicates material for department as requested. Manages and posts weekly department calendar and room reservation schedule. Maintains office supply inventory.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as main office receptionist. Greets and directs visitors, students and faculty. Answers phone and directs calls as appropriate.
- Maintains department email, answers questions, and directs inquiries appropriately.
- Answers questions regarding pre-requisites, registration and placement test from parents, students, advisors, and other departments.
- Registers students using CSS database system. Assists with data entry of the schedule of classes each term. Monitors enrollments and waitlists and notifies supervisor of potential issues.
- Under direction of supervisor, adjust schedules of students who do not meet course prerequisites by dropping current course and enrolling in appropriate course. Notify students regarding change of schedule.
- Processes and maintains student evaluations each semester. Collects evaluations and takes them to ITS, produce summaries of the data received back from ITS, maintains results for graduate instructors, prints results for each faculty member’s file, and distributes results to faculty.
- Oversees transfer credit evaluation process; works with Registration/Records, faculty member and students regarding prerequisite credit approval process.
- Copies classroom materials for faculty and graduate students when requested. Prepares and distributes mail for department.
- Orders textbooks and desk copies for courses each term.
- Maintains operation and supplies department main office copiers. Provides training for new faculty and graduate students.
- Inventories and orders office supplies for department.
- Requests work orders for copiers, telephone, computers and building maintenance needs.
- Assists with preparations for colloquia and seminars by making arrangements for external speakers and procuring refreshments.
- Maintain weekly calendar of events; distribute and post to department web site and second and fourth floor notice boards.
- Manages room reservation schedule.
- Secures main office and mailroom each morning and before leaving end of the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- One year related experience
- High school diploma or GED required
CSS experience registering and dropping students from courses, monitor enrollment, waitlist for some courses.
Full-time classified staff position. Classified Pay Grade 25/$15.31. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: December 6, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.