Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Senior Secretary - Faculty Senate
Bowling Green State University
Work Schedule: This is a nine-month full-time position working 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday from mid-August through mid-May.
Position Summary: This position supports two primary functions as 1) Secretary to the Faculty Senate Officers, and 2) Secretary to the Academic Honesty Committee. Primary responsibilities as the Secretary to the Faculty Senate Officers include maintaining all faculty governance records for the Senate, administrative support to officers and committees; review and oversight of budget; calendar of deadlines; resolve issues; serve as the administrator for the (online) election process. This position has limited supervision and must maintain all functions of the Faculty Senate Office, relieves supervisor of non-routine administrative tasks. As the Secretary to the Academic Honesty Committee, primary responsibilities include assisting the Academic Honesty Committee Coordinator (Associate Vice President for Student Affairs) by processing materials and documents, coordinating communications and communication flows, and maintaining confidential records related to academic honesty cases, findings, and hearings.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities (relating to Faculty Senate)
- Relieves Faculty Senate officers of non-routine, administrative tasks.
- Relieves supervisor of non-routine administrative tasks.
- Coordinates and maintains all office functions.
- Supervises student worker; signs off on time in electronic time & labor system.
- Updates and maintains the Faculty database in Access.
- Creates agendas and attachments for Senate Executive Committee and Faculty Senate meetings.
- Maintains an archive collection of Senate agendas, minutes, correspondence, committee history, etc.
- Maintains and updates Faculty Senate web site using Content Management software.
- Schedules and coordinates special events: Invites/schedules speakers, dates, times, rooms, schedules, a/v, menus.
- Maintains and updates all Faculty Senate listservs and mailing lists.
- Responsible for all aspects of annual Senate and University Standing Committee elections.
- Prepares reports providing each college with the data necessary to hold their senate elections and collects results.
- Creates a new Faculty Senate calendar annually.
- Completes expenditures, budget transfers, purchases and prepares travel reimbursements.
- Makes approved changes and updates to the Academic Charter online.
- Tracks and updates non-Faculty appointments to Senate and University Standing Committees.
- Coordinates Faculty Senate Awards Process.
Duties and Responsibilities (relating to Academic Honesty)
- Keeps Academic Honesty Committee contact list updated. Maintains listserv and Canvas community for the Committee. Ensures all documentation is provided in timely manner.
- Sends emails, compile hearing documents, process all paperwork, etc.
- Schedules all academic honesty hearings; serves as point person for committee members, appellant and faculty member/associate dean throughout process.
- Maintains Academic Honesty case history and tracking chart. Maintains yearly Academic Honesty database.
- Makes updates to Academic Honesty Manual.
- Reviews/updates Student Handbook regarding Academic Honesty Policy.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
One year related experience and High school diploma or GED required.
This is a 9-month, full-time, Classified Staff position. Pay grade 25/$15.03/hr Full benefits package available
Deadline to apply: October 19, 2018
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.