Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Work Schedule: Full-time position. Normal Days/hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Under general supervision from Senior Associate Director, provides support to the Senior Associate Director and other staff in the Residence Education area within Residence Life. Performs non-routine administrative tasks, assists in managing business functions for the area, (i.e., prepares student payroll, processes bills for payment, purchases & investigates supplies & materials; greets visitors; prepares reports, memos & presentations.) Responds to correspondence through e-mail/telephone, manages calendars for multiple administrative staff, and assists with various questions/problems about day-to-day residence hall operations.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as part of the front-office reception team. Greets and directs visitors, students, staff and faculty. Answers departmental phones, responds to inquiries and/or redirects calls to appropriate individuals.
- Prepares and/or transmits written correspondence (i.e., handouts, letters, reports, mailing lists) through e-mail, fax or hard copy. Oversees incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and special events for the Senior Associate Director and other members of the Residence Education staff. Maintains departmental calendars and list serves. Takes minutes at meetings and distributes key information for the Residence Education area.
- Coordinates all aspects of student employment for the residence halls, including working with hall directors and other central office staff to fulfill student employment policies and requirements. Maintains electronic student employment records. Approve students’ time.
- Manages database systems, including student judicial records and student housing records. Maintains confidential files. Compiles, enters, retrieves and maintains information in database systems. Queries databases and runs reports.
- Downloads and reconciles budget reports. Provides information for the preparation of annual reports. Reconciles P-card transactions. Prepares check requests. Handles petty cash.
- Maintains office equipment and troubleshoots issues.
- Maintains inventories and orders supplies as needed.
- Works on special projects as needed.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- One year related experience
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Pay Grade 25/$15.03. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 6, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.