Senior SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Work Schedule: Full-time position. Normal Days/hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the coordination of the daily operation of the college and department office and performs varied secretarial/administrative and clerical duties. It requires constant juggling of multiple important tasks and requires a very organized person to handle same.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone and greet visitors. Provide information or materials required, direct calls to appropriate individuals/areas and take messages.
- Receive and route mail through USPS, UPS, FedEx services. Fax and scan for faculty and department
- Assist chair and associate dean by performing routine and non-routine administrative tasks. Make requested appointments with chair through Outlook, attend department meetings and take minutes, provide requested queries, clerical duties, make copies and distribute, etc.
- Prepares, distributes, collects, records, processes and files faculty evaluations.
- Use CSS PeopleSoft software to register students, assign instructors to classes, confirm registration, print rosters. Process change of schedule, and student record forms.
- Coordinate college recitals and prepare programs.
- Responsible for instrument locker assignments and locks.
- Compose and prepare typed copy using MS Office/Excel to produce correspondence, reports and programs; proof copy and make corrections.
- Assist chair in collection and processing of faculty load reports and faculty merit review documents.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- One year related experience
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 25/$15.31. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: November 28, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.