Senior Secretary - Philosophy
BGSU Office of Human Resources Bowling Green, OH Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on May 22, 2023
Provides support to a department, group or individual(s). Relieves supervisor of non-routine administrative tasks. Researches, gathers information and prepares reports. Assists with the preparation and maintaining of department budgets.
- Serves as receptionist. Greets and directs visitors, students, staff and faculty. Answers department phone. responds to inquiries and/or redirects calls as appropriate.
- Prepares and/or transmits written correspondence (i.e., handouts, exams, reports, mailing lists) through e-mail, fax or hard copy. Oversees incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains office equipment and troubleshoots issues. Oversees the department's computer needs, including the maintenance and requesting of computer software and hardware.
- Manages database systems. Maintains confidential files. Compiles, enters, retrieves and maintains information in database systems. Queries databases and runs reports.
- Interviews, hires, trains and evaluates student assistants. Coordinates work schedules. Prepares alarm code requests and orders keys as needed. Approves students' time.
- Downloads and reconciles budget reports. Provides information for the preparation of annual reports. Reconciles P- card transactions. Prepares check requests.
- Maintains inventories and orders supplies and books as needed.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and special events. Maintains department conference room calendar. Makes travel arrangements and prepares travel and business entertainment reimbursement.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- May register students for courses specific to department. Runs department reports as needed.
The following Experience is required:
- One year related experience required
The following Education is required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by June 5, 2023’.