Special Projects Manager (Hybrid)
The Special Projects Manager creates, plans, designs, and implements, manages, and reports on IT projects in all areas within the University. The Special Projects Manager specifically receives requests for large projects (500 to 5,000 hours), develops those project plans with the owner, creates and manages the budgets, creates and manages the human resource staffing of each project, creates the time and labor tracking plan, provides weekly updates at all stakeholder levels, creates contingencies, manages action lists, manages risks to the project, and oversees every aspect of the implementation including coordination of ongoing support after project is completed. There is an absolute need to have the ability to lead staff and manage multiple priorities.
Position Schedule: Full time position is a hybrid 80/20 work schedule (80% remote/20% campus). Work location: Huntington Building, 1851 North Research Drive, Bowling Green, Ohio.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create, plan, design, implement, manage and report on IT projects in all areas within the University. Specifically receives requests for new projects, develops those project plans with the owner, creates and manages the budgets, creates and manages the human resource staffing of each project, creates the time and labor tracking software, provides status updates, creates contingencies, manages action lists, manages risks to the project, and oversees every aspect of the implementation including coordination of ongoing support after project is completed.
- Manage the relationship with Department Offices and the IT Staff to ensure that all deadlines are met, risks are identified and managed and resources used effectively to ensure the success of every project.
- Create, manage, document, and enforce policies and procedures for Project Management methodology.
- Recommend, create and teach appropriate training for both technical and end-user staff at the University on effectively utilizing Project Management methodology solutions and applications.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Communications skills – written and verbal
- Organizational skills – personally and professionally
- Budgeting skills – money and time allocations
- Supervision of employees
- Supervision of consultants
- Financial reporting knowledge
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage with equity, diversity, and/or inclusion in the work setting?
Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Management Information Science, Business Administration or related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years of IT project management experience,
- 1 year of business process improvement or Lean Six Sigma experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
The following experience is preferred:
- 1 year of supervisory experience
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 358. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘December 8, 2021’.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.