Sr. HVAC Technician
Under general supervision from the MEP Superintendent, the Senior HVAC Technician is responsible for maintaining heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and cooling equipment.
- Maintain and repair air conditioning, refrigeration, and chiller plants including pump distribution; chillers; cooling towers; condenser water systems; water treatment; refrigerant flow devices; control systems; fan systems, and terminal
- Plan, implement, and perform preventive maintenance on equipment per the manufacture - Read and interpret sketches, blueprints, and layouts, determine amount of material and time involved; make cost estimates, work orders, inventory lists and project reports/records.
- May be required to serve as a lead worker and/or supervise, instruct and train semi-skilled and HVAC Technician workers and trades people; assist supervisor in allocating work assignments; reviewing and evaluating work performance in training new personnel; coordinate work with other
- Troubleshoots, Installs HVAC equipment and BAS control systems by researching and evaluating conditions, advising supervisor, and recommending actions
- Responds to after-hours emergencies; works during inclement weather; and works to support various events on campus during non-business hours
- Assist in procuring parts and/or services for maintenance or replacement of HVAC & related equipment; demonstrate proficiency in using a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) to enter service
- Performs related duties based on departmental need
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a journeyman level HVAC Technician
- High school diploma or GED required
- EPA refrigeration certificate (copy must be uploaded as attachment to application)
- Successful completion of a trades certification or apprenticeship program as a journeyman HVAC Technician
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic science, math, and scientific methods Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘March 13, 2023’.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.