Sr. Maintenance Repair Worker
Responsible for the day-to-day general maintenance and care for assigned buildings and grounds. Responds to work orders regarding minor plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems, general maintenance and repairs and general grounds keeping.
- Performs minor repairs and painting of fixtures, rooms, buildings, signs and equipment. Patches, plasters and prepares surfaces for painting and may assist in masonry work. Performs maintenance, replacement, minor installation and repair of plumbing equipment, including traps, fittings, plumbing fixtures, valves, faucets, toilets, sinks and
- Performs maintenance, replacement, minor installation and repair of heating and cooling systems and equipment, including installation of window air conditioning
- Performs maintenance, replacement, minor installation and repair of electrical equipment, including light fixtures, electrical outlets, switches, motors, appliances, electrical circuits, fans and
- Performs carpentry work involving maintenance, alteration and repair to buildings, equipment and wood structures, including doors, windows, walls, woodwork, floors, furniture and door Performs spot roof inspections and cleanings.
- Conducts building tours and minor preventative maintenance work.
- May operate machines, tools, snow removal equipment, buffers, strippers and other floor maintenance
- May repair tools and
- One-year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions Ability to communicate clearly verbally and written Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘March 13, 2023’.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.