Student Services Counselor - AdmissionsBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: Under administrative direction and general supervision, provides counseling and referral services for prospective and newly admitted students via telephone and email; Serves as a processor of applications and credentials.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Counsels prospective students, parents and general public regarding procedures and requirements to gain University admission, primarily by phone and email.
- Assists students with applications and official documents required for admission evaluation.
- Provides information and referrals regarding programs and services at BGSU.
- Maintains records, files and computerized applicant tracking system on prospective and newly admitted students.
- Processes applications for admission. Codes applications, makes file folders, checks transcript drawers, places labels on files and applications, and prepares applications for loading.
- Determines missing application information and follows up with applicant
- Coordinates application workflow and activities; provides instruction and training for student staff.
- Phone responsibilities; acts as first point of contact to departments and prospective students.
- Covers front desk as needed.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 25/$15.03. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 13, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.