Student Services CounselorBGSU Office of Human Resources
Work Schedule: Twelve Month, Full-time position. Days/hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Full benefits package available.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, provides secretarial support for the Associate Dean for Student Services & Enrollment Management and the college’s staff of professional advisors. Interacts with students, parents, faculty, and staff members across the college in areas to include the Suspension/Dismissal appeal process, Grade Disputes, Academic Honesty; performs research in these areas as needed and maintains related records.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance to the Advising Staff with Junior Audits and Graduation Checks.
- Assists in the production of student-related publications (Student/Advisor Handbooks, check sheets, curriculum guides, etc.)
- Provides extensive support to the Advising Staff during the Graduation Application and Clearance process.
- Provides support for the scholarship application and selection process each year.
- Organizes events for Advising Staff and Associate Dean.
- Schedules appointments for Academic Advisors and Associate Dean.
- Prepares various documents (emails, memos, etc.) for Academic Advisors & Associate Dean, including confidential correspondence and reports.
- Assists in the supervision and training of student employees.
- Maintains front office area.
This list of essential duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 25/$15.03. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: August 23 , 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.