Student Services CounselorBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: Under administrative direction in the Office of Residence Life, this position provides outstanding customer service through counseling, assistance, and information to university students, staff, parents, and other university offices in response to requests and inquiries; performs research and maintains general office and fiscal records.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as the front line of contact for the Office of Residence Life, including staffing the office’s reception area. Counsels prospective students, enrolled students, veterans, and parents on procedures for housing sign-up and room assignment issues; assists students with applications; responds to requests and inquiries received by telephone, e-mail, on-line forms, or in person; provides assistance in resolving problems, questions, or complaints; counsels or gives advice and follows up when necessary. Investigates billing questions from students, parents, or other on campus offices. Coordinates and maintains individual on-campus housing records for students using the on-line housing system (CSS/Star Rez) including the work needed to process financial transactions and room changes.
- Coordinates waiting list processes for various buildings and communities.
- Works with other campus offices and departments to accommodate students, and submits work orders/requests as needed.
- Represents Residence Life at various recruitment/housing events.
- Assists in the review of housing policies and procedures including assisting with training of professional and student staff.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
Full-time, Classified staff position available Pay Grade 25/$15.03 Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.