Student Services CounselorBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: Serves as processor related to graduate student progress-to-degree and graduation. Manages entry of student data and works to solve issues related to student progress-to-degree. Provides support to the daily operations of the Graduate College.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Graduate College Form Management: Processes and maintains Graduate College forms, including but not limited to student progress-to-degree forms, thesis/dissertation-related forms, graduation forms, and commencement forms. Works with ITS to troubleshoot digital forms and their storage (OnBase).
- Student outreach: Performs regular outreach to students and program coordinators to resolve student issues, facilitate progress-to-degree, and facilitate graduation processing.
- Program plan maintenance: Processes and maintains program plan change requests for graduate students. This includes working to solve issues through outreach to students and program coordinators, along with processing approved program changes.
- Student records: Performs a wide variety of record-related tasks, including but not limited to the maintenance of archival documents, and graduate student records in OnBase.
- Communications: Assists with Graduate College communications, including but not limited to reading and responding to emails, and answering student and faculty questions. Researches and responds to questions from students, staff, and faculty related to student progress-to-degree.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Pay Grade 25/$15.03. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The deadline has been extended to July 11, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.