Survey and Program Data Coordinator
This position will work closely with the Associate Director of Academic Assessment to support, promote, and expand the meaningful assessment of undergraduate and graduate student learning at BGSU and evaluation in multiple areas, including academic programs, institutional learning outcomes, co-curricular outcomes, and University strategic priorities. This position will assist with course evaluations, surveys, data collection, and data summaries.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Course evaluations – assist with the setup, data cleaning, and implementation of EvaluationKIT, the University-wide evaluation of teaching and learning; develop and implement communication plans
- Surveys – assist with the survey request process by reviewing survey requests and providing feedback to units; assist with the development of surveys across campus
- Data collection and cleaning– assist with the Office of Academic Assessment data collection and cleaning efforts (e.g., Graduation Survey, BGP general education data, program learning outcomes data, University learning outcomes data, etc.); ensure accuracy of data used in data collection processes
- Data summaries – create various data summaries and data visualizations for academic programs, University learning outcomes, co-curricular outcomes, and University strategic priorities; effectively communicate assessment results through multiple modalities to diverse audiences; pull data reports from Academic Performance Solutions and generate summaries
- Support assessment initiatives - Develop assessment projects and appropriate measurement tools, as well as collecting, analyzing, and reporting assessment data for continuous improvement purposes at various levels; collaborate with offices across campus to assist with assessment and continuous improvement projects; assist with the processes associated with the academic assessment and evaluation efforts of BGSU
- Develop assessment resources and support materials; engage in ongoing learning through professional development
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Training in and experience with the assessment of student learning in higher education, including co-curricular and academic outcomes
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and statistical tools, such as SPSS, SAS, R or similar tools
- Ability to use visual data tools to represent data to non-technical audiences
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively convey findings and broad trends to a variety of audiences
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups that have varying perspectives, levels of knowledge, and skills about assessment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Experience analyzing and interpreting survey results and working with datasets
- Experience in survey design, administration and analysis
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Commitment to secure and maintain confidential information.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage with equity, diversity, and/or inclusion in the work setting?
Bachelor’s degree in education, statistics, psychology, sociology, analytics, or related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- One or more years of experience in assessment, research, and program evaluation, or other applied research fields, involving project design, data analysis, and reporting.
The following experience is preferred:
- Master's degree is preferred
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 23, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.