University Archivist – Center for Archival CollectionsBGSU Office of Human Resources
Under the direction of the Head Librarian, serves as the University Archivist and coordinates the BGSU Records Management Program. Provides leadership and collaboration in activities involved with the administration of records management policies designed to facilitate effective and efficient handling of all University records, including electronic records.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Processes materials as needed, including organizing, arranging and describing the University Archives collections. Creates and modifies catalog records or finding aids for materials. Creates indexes, bibliographies and LibGuides as required.
- Plans, manages and administers the University Records Management Program. Establishes records management policies and procedures, including retention and disposition processes as outlined in by the Inter-University Council Records Manual. Works closely with administrative and academic offices to insure proper scheduling of records. Monitors compliance.
- Manages University Record Center. Organizes and inventories scheduled confidential university records. Updates and maintains database records and arranges for secure disposal of records.
- Evaluates and analyzes records for historical value to the University. Transfers records to the University Archives.
- Responds to information requests relative to the University Records Management Program and University Archives collections. Provides reference desk coverage as needed.
- Maintains training materials and offers records management training for campus records custodians. Collects statistics.
- Participates in public outreach activities of the CAC, including, providing tours and presentations on CAC holdings and their research value to BGSU classes and off-campus groups. Serves as a member of assigned UL committees and participates in other project work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of electronic records management and digital preservation issues
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws related to records management
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually with administrators, faculty and staff
- Ability to lift boxes up to 40lbs on a regular basis.
Master’s degree required in library and information science, archives and records management or related field. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1 years’ prior professional work experience in special collections, archives, or records center setting
- 1 years’ experience with records management (preferred)
Preferred Certification Qualifications
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) certification (preferred)
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 26, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.