Visual Content Specialist
The Visual Content Specialist is responsible for the functions and activities of creative photographic and video production for the Office of Marketing and Brand Strategy at Bowling Green State University.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide photography, videography, and artistic vision at BGSU for University departments and offices, implementing visual ideas that translate into an imaginative range of images and short-form videos for university websites, displays, magazines, guidebooks and other printed materials for all colleges, programs, and Athletics. Responsible for overall vision, layout, and coverage of video and photographic content of assignments. Reviews and executes photographic assignments as well as selecting appropriate equipment and technology as necessary to produce high-quality images and video appropriate for various conditions. Selects appropriate composition to achieve desired results.
- Performs all quality assurance and post-production photography and videography functions including photo and video editing decisions, visual software editing and programs to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Catalogs and organizes the University’s digital archives of photographs and video facilitating the uploading and archival of digital assets, digital backup, and retrieval of catalogued images. Assists and provides input in the overall maintenance of this process.
- Collaborate with Photography Director, University Photographer/Videographer, Directors, Brand Specialists, Web and New Media, News and Social Media, and Graphic Design on projects related stories and creative content. Attend staff and division-wide meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of working with photography, video, sound, lighting and related equipment
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Bridge, Adobe After Effects and related creative software
The following Degree is required:
- Bachelor's Degree. Degree must be conferred at time of application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Bachelor of Science in Photojournalism, Visual Communications, Broadcast Journalism, Film Production or related field
The following Experience is required:
- 6 months of experience is required in any one of the following areas:
- Photography and photo editing
- Film and video editing
- Adobe Creative Suite
The following Experience is preferred:
- Experience in Digital Asset Management systems
- Experience in drone operation
- Location and studio lighting experience
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘November 21, 2023’.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.