Healthcare PositionsBlanchard Valley Health System
Blanchard Valley Health System
HANCO EMS Paramedic (Findlay & Bowling Green, OH) The HANCO EMS Paramedic is to deliver pre-hospital and trauma care within the scope of their specific certification level. Pre-hospital and trauma care must be rendered in compliance with the established medical protocol developed and approved by the Medical Director as well as all state and federal laws. HANCO EMS is the primary 911 Provider for the local community and also provides a wide spectrum of medical transport services.
* Ohio Division of EMS certification as a Paramedic;
* Any Paramedic level certification from another state must apply for ODPS EMT certification through the process of reciprocity. (ODPS card must be obtained prior to orientation)
* A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy, insurance requirements and meet any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Drivers at least 25 years old must have no more than three moving violations or one accident and one violation within the last three years. Drivers 23 and 24 can have no more than two moving violations within the last three years. Drivers 20, 21 and 22 must have no moving violations on the driving record. Drivers under 20 and under are not acceptable. No driver may have any major convictions within the last five year period.
* Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
* Current Healthcare Provider Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
* Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
* NIMS IS-100, 200, 700 & 800 (National Incident Management System)
* Hazmat Awareness Level minimum
* International Trauma Life Support (ITLS), or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) (within 6 months of employment)
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) (within 6 months of employment)
* CEVO (Coaching the Emergency Vehicle Operator course) (Within 1 year of employment)
* 12 Lead EKG interpretation class (yearly)
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
* This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Physical Demands: Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting for long periods of time, and handling of materials. The ability to lift and maneuver 120 pounds or more without difficulty. The ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 120 pounds with assistance or more up and down two flights of stairs without difficulty.