Case Manager, Assisted Living Team
BRBH is looking for an experienced Mental Health Case Manager with a passion for advocacy. At BRBH, we believe that the people we serve are our first priority and our employees are our most valuable resource. Come join our team!
Case Managers in our Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) program provide services to individuals who reside in or recently resided in an Assisted Living Facility. Services are person-centered and designed to assist an individual with a severe mental illness in accessing basic needs.
A Day in the Life of an ALF Case Manager:
ALF Case Managers have a lot of contact with clients, as they usually visit each client at least monthly. They help their assigned clients get connected with services they need and qualify for, so they frequently communicate with Social Security, Social Services, and Disability providers to assist the individuals with their benefits. They work closely with staff from the assisted living facilities, including nurses and facility administrators, regarding doctor appointments, medications, and any issues that arise.
- Education: Bachelor's degree with at least 15 semester credits (or 22 quarter hours) of human services courses
- Experience Preferred: One year of experience working with individuals with mental illness, developmental disability, or substance abuse
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires being able to transport clients in agency vehicles. Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH:http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment.