Therapist, Juvenile Detention
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work and are interested in counseling children and families involved in the court system?
The Therapist in the Juvenile/Domestic Court Services Unit provides counseling services for children, adolescents, and their families. The Therapist participates in court proceedings, including testifying on a client's progress, and provides monthly reports on each client receiving services. They also provide:
- mental health and substance use counseling
- develop service plans
- field visits
- monitor and report progress
- treatment planning,
- discharge reports, and
- referrals to help them reach their treatment goals and objectives.
The Therapist will assist in case presentation and secure funding for services through the Family Assessment and Planning Team (FAPT) and the Community Policy and Management Team (CPMT). This position is funded by a grant.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for registration as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
- One year of experience working with Children and adolescents who may be at risk of, or are, seriously emotionally disturbed, experiencing substance use, or Co-Occurring Disorders; and their families.
- Safe Driving Record: No more than two moving violations in the la6st three years, no criminal driving violations in the last five years.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Provide Hope: Each day you will spend time making a difference for families of children transitioning back to our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a positive team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work