School of Physical Therapy Adjunct Instructors and Lab Assistants
The College of Health and Human Services at Bowling Green State University (BGSU), Bowling Green, Ohio has a recurring need for part-time instructors (adjuncts, lab assistants) to support the mission and outcomes within the School of Physical Therapy for the developing hybrid Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. This accelerated two-year DPT program is a blend of online and on-campus activities, which allows the faculty member to live remote to the BGSU campus. However, DPT faculty members must be able to travel and stay in Bowling Green, Ohio or surrounding area for designated time periods each semester.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Teaches courses, either in part or whole, as agreed upon with the Program Director.
- Supports immersive lab sessions as a member of an instructional team led by the primary course faculty.
- Nurtures and role models professional behaviors for students during immersive lab sessions.
- Demonstrates the ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Physical Therapy Profession.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill expertise in the areas of assigned teaching.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and professionally both written and orally, both online and in-person.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, including students, administration, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle detail-oriented assignments and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle responsibilities associated with teaching assignments for the Physical Therapy program.
- Terminal academic doctorate (Ph.D., DSc, Ed.D, etc.) or a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (or tDPT).
- If the candidate is a PT, they must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in Ohio.
- Must be able to demonstrate contemporary expertise in assigned teaching content.
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) or expert credentials appropriate for their teaching responsibilities.
- Teaching experience (traditional, online, hybrid)
- Direct clinical experience of at least 5 years
- Excellent communication skills and strong computer skills to meet the needs of our online didactic instructional format
- Team-oriented and willing to collaborate and share instructional methods and student-learning activities
- Appreciation of evidence-based teaching, integration of technology within the classroom and building a student-centered community within the online classroom
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.