Diesel Mechanic/Service Technician and Technician - CDL BC & K Industrial Services Inc
Diesel Mechanic/Service Technician
See full descriptions for both positions listed below. Our team is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic with 2-5 years' experience at our Toledo, OH location. Mechanics work not only in our garage but will also perform field maintenance on our equipment at various customer sites as needed to keep up our level of commitment and customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members. Familiarity with and repair of, PTO pumps is a plus along with hydraulics. The candidate must have their own set of tools. Most of our fleet requires a Class B license with tanker endorsement and most of the equipment is a manual transmission. Although there are varying hours for work mechanics are home daily/nightly with the exception of pre-planned outage work. This outage work may involve work at one of our other locations for short periods of time. This time would be pre-scheduled and employees would receive per diem for their stay.
Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance on service trucks, including inspection, tire rotation, and oil changes
- Collaborate with outside authorized repair facilities to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs per warranty work
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on the vehicle
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Make road calls on disabled
- Company vehicles and perform repair on the road
- 18 + years of age
- Class B CDL license with tanker endorsement - clean driving record
- Must have own tools
- Must know general repairs and PM criteria
Technician - CDL B
C&K is a family-owned company that offers advancement opportunities to employees that wish to learn and grow. C&K invests in its people as well as in new technology. We have a variety of tools and equipment ranging from vacuum trucks and high-pressure water blasting to CCTV equipment and robotic crawlers. We are continually seeking safer, more efficient ways to do business and are looking for employees to join the team.
We are currently seeking CDL - Class B technicians for work in the Toledo, Ohio area. Our CDL Technicians will be responsible for the equipment that they are assigned for the day conducting pre and post-trip inspections as well as assisting Laborers and Technicians in the field. Our equipment requires a Class B license with tanker endorsement. Most of the equipment is a manual transmission. Although there are varying hours for work Technicians are home daily/nightly with the exception of pre-planned outage work. This outage work may involve work at one of our other locations for short periods of time. This time would be pre-scheduled and employees would receive per diem for their stay.
- Must maintain a valid DOT medical card and be able to wear a respirator both half and full face.
- Startup, monitor, and shut down equipment in accordance with applicable safety and environmental practices and policies
- Completes visual and daily safety inspection of equipment to ensure safe operations
- Performs shift inspection of equipment and communicate potential repair issues to shop manager
- Operates equipment safely and efficiently to limit downtime and minimize costs Performs routine maintenance such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- The ability to work in confined spaces (sewer)
- Must be able to read maps and navigate city streets
- Assists laborers and Operators at job site with an additional task.
- Performs other tasks & duties as instructed by supervisor
- Work as part of a team to accomplish established goals in a safe and effective manner
- Be respectful to all fellow employees and customers
This is a full time, direct hire position. This is not seasonal employment. Starting rate of pay $18.25 per hour with an increase after 90-days. Benefits include Medical, Dental/Vision, Life, paid time off, 401k with employer match.