Experienced PainterCallaghan Painting
Drivers license, references, required experience required.
Professional Painting Contractor, Interior and Exterior, 30 years in business, competitive wages, painters apply paint, stain, and coatings to walls, buildings, bridges, and other structures.
Duties Painters typically do the following:
- Cover floors and furniture with drop cloths and tarps to protect surfaces
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, or electric switch covers
- Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
- Fill holes and cracks with putty, plaster, or other compounds
- Prepare surfaces by scraping, wire brushing, or sanding to a smooth finish
- Calculate the area to be painted and the amount of paint needed
- Apply primers or sealers so that the paint will adhere
- Choose paints and stains for desired color and appearance
- Apply paint or other finishes, using hand brushes, rollers, or sprayers
- Applying paint to interior walls makes surfaces attractive and vibrant.
In addition, paints and other sealers protect exterior surfaces from erosion caused by exposure to the weather. Because there are several ways to apply paint, workers must be able to choose the proper tool for each job, such as the correct roller, power sprayer, or brush. Choosing the right tool typically depends on the surface to be covered and the characteristics of the finish.