Activities Assistant - St. Clare Commons - Exceptional New Hourly Rates!
At St. Clare Commons we believe a job should be more than simply a means of earning a living. It should be a learning experience, a path to personal growth, and most important a way of putting faith into action. As our campus continues to grow, we currently have an opportunity for full and part-time Activities Assistants who have a genuine passion for caring for our elders.
The Activities Assistant provides individual and group activities appropriate to the needs and interests of each resident.
Position requirements: We are looking for a fun and friendly people with a great attitude and strong work ethic. Must be compassionate, caring, and patient.
- Assist in development and coordination of monthly activity calendar
- Assist and implement activities for days, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Assist and implement community events and outings related to resident need and interest
- Offer suggestions of activities for individual residents and/or resident family
- Visit room bound residents to engage in one on one activities or assist resident in engagement with others as appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with policies and procedures of infection control, OSHA, safety, as well as federal and state laws and regulations
- Assists with the daily maintenance of the department to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Orders and maintains proper supplies for planned activities.
- Completes all assessments and programming documentation with specific time-frames, as directed by Activities Supervisor.
- Assists with transportation for resident outings, as directed.
- Maintain a professional manner with dealing with resident, families and other staff.
- Follows OSHA guidelines and facility safety programs to ensure a safe environment