Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) - Namaste Alzheimer Center
Evening and Night Shifts Available
Under the direct supervision of the nurse in charge, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs the basic nursing duties to provide for the comfort, safety and hygiene needs of residents. The Certified Nursing Assistant assists residents in maintaining and possibly increasing their level of independence whenever possible.
Reports to: Unit Manger/Nurse Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Provides/assists residents with hygiene needs.
- Provides/assists residents with bathing, showering, and dressing needs.
- Assists residents with hair care, nail care, oral hygiene (denture and mouth care), and shaving needs.
- Assists residents in meeting their hydration and nutritional needs.
- Prompts/assists residents, including wheelchair dependent, to the dining room for meals as appropriate.
- Serves meal trays to residents in their room promptly and efficiently.
- Assists/feeds residents when necessary.
- Responsible to see that nourishment/fluids are passed at the appropriate times.
- Measures I&O and meal information and records in EMR.
- Provides ice water to residents and refills pitchers as needed.
- Assists residents to attain or maintain their highest physical, mental, and psychosocial function.
- Reports to Charge Nurse upon arrival to determine plan of care for shift and gives report to Charge Nurse at end of shift.
- Assists with ambulation and/or transportation needs of resident.
- Encourages participation in facility’s activities program.
- Reports changes in physical or mental functioning to Charge Nurse.
Job Type: Part-time
License: CNA (Preferred)
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need