Corporate MDS Nurse - (Can be based anywhere in Ohio)
Work Location: Anywhere in Ohio
Position Status: PRN/Casual
Work from Home or Travel: As directed
Job requirements: The MDS nurse is a crucial member of the nursing management team. They are responsible for gathering current medical information on the facilities residents, both physical and mental, for future assessments. This is done by both assessing charts and communicating with the various health care teams to create a comprehensive health care plan for current and incoming residents. The MDS nurse is also involved in meeting with family regarding the care of their loved ones during care plan meetings. It is critical for the MDS Nurse to be up-to-date and current on all changing long term care regulations and practices regarding the reimbursement statuses and completion of the MDS assessments.
- Be capable of accurately completing all MDS assessments for the assigned caseload both in a timely manner and in accordance with Medicare and other regulations
- Needs to manage MDS and maximize Case Mix
- Coordinate determination of Medicare eligibility, denial, and tracking
- Manage RUG categories and payment source prior to and throughout length of stay of the residents
- Document information to support Medicare determinations
- Oversee all aspects of the Care Planning process for applicable residents
- Collaborate with Admissions Coordinator and DON regarding the facilities ability to meet the needs of any potential admissions
- Attend workshops and read literature in order to stay current with changes in long term care regulations; present same to the facility staff as appropriate.
This is a full time position. Candidate must possess a current, unencumbered Ohio RN license and be RAC-TC certified. Previous experience with MDS/RAI required.
Job Type: Full-time
- MDS: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN)