Dining Attendant - $13-$15/hr - Madonna Manor
The Dining Attendant provides table service to residents, guests, and staff.
Reports to: Food Services Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Uses diet cards and menus correctly.
a. Serves correct diet for each resident.
b. Checks diet and menu to ensure changes in meal plans are followed.
c. Reports resident requests for foods not on their meal plan to management.
d. Responds to requests for special meal needs.
e. Provides menu items to residents and keeps department informed when menus do not match posted menu.
2. Performs serving duties in dining rooms or for tray delivery.
a. Assists in seating arrangement of residents.
b. Serves beverages at the beginning of the meal.
c. Serves food as indicated from resident selections.
d. Ensures appearance, quality, and temperature are acceptable from steam table to point of service.
e. Buses and resets tables for next meal.
3. Ensures hot foods remain hot and cold foods remain cold until the point of service.
a. Serves only nine meals at a time.
b. Covers all food when transporting.
c. Keeps all cold foods iced or refrigerated.
d. Serves food promptly after leaving steam table.
e. Takes temperatures, using correct procedures and calibrating the thermometer.
4. Performs sanitation procedures correctly.
a. Performs cleaning in kitchens, workstations, and other assigned cleaning.
b. Uses correct cleaning solutions.
c. Wears gloves as required, wears apron and hair net, adheres to jewelry and fingernail standards, and washes hands often and between duties.
d. Ensures table and chairs are cleaned daily.
e. Does not touch face, hair, or other areas while working in dining area or kitchen.
5. Completes setup and cleaning responsibilities.
a. Performs cleaning from daily cleaning assignment sheet.
b. Keeps serving carts clean.
c. Cleans equipment after each use.
d. Helps set up in any dining room and ensures supplies are adequate for set up needs.
6. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
c. Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Dining Attendant shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis.
Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Dining Attendant from time to time without prior notice.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Past experience as a server or Health Care worker preferred.
Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need