LPN - Full and Part time - INCREASED WAGE SCALE AND PTO CASH OUT - St. Clare Commons - Exceptional New Hourly Rates!
LPN - Full and Part Time
Increased wage scale and PTO cash out - Under New Leadership
We do not mandate!
St. Clare Commons is a Faith-Based Healthcare Campus providing care in a beautiful setting. We are seeking qualified candidates who are skilled in caring, communication & critical thinking for our Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing facility.
Full Time and Part Time positions are available. . An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer offering medical, dental, vision, 401k and other benefits including PTO accrual for part time associates.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed Practical Nurse currently licensed in the state of employment.
- Long-term care experience preferred.
- Currently certified in CPR.
- Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families, staff, and physicians.
- Completes daily shift documentation, including head to toe review of skilled residents.
- Functions in a calm and positive manner in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Communicates consistently with the Nurse Manager, reporting pertinent concerns/issues.
- Places necessary calls for families and physicians. Demonstrates appropriateness of faxing vs. phone calls to physicians.
- Communicates appropriately with physicians; makes rounds with physicians in absence of Nurse Manager or as delegated by Nurse Manager. Utilizes physician file appropriately.
- Reviews and teaches resident and family about pain management, including pain-rating scales and goal setting; importance of aggressive, preventive pain treatment; analgesic misconceptions; and plan for pain management.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and evaluating teaching plan to meet learning needs of residents and families.
- Participates in resident/family teaching and initiates discharge planning in a timely manner.
- Documents in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
- Monitors and documents accurately all nursing actions implemented as well as effectiveness of implementation in Nursing Notes. Documents resident/family teaching in Nursing Notes and Resident Plan of Care.
- Accurately records review of physiological and mental dimensions of residents, including pain review.
- Ensures documentation is accurate, legible, and timely.
- Completes resident assessments accurately and timely while ensuring they are updated monthly and as necessary.
- Completes monthly summary accurately and timely utilizing Resident Plan of Care. Updates Plan of Care and Resident Care Card monthly and as necessary.
- Completes skin integrity reviews accurately to reflect resident status.
- Documents resident response to non-pharmacological strategies to promote pain relief and resident response to analgesics.
- Documents, at time of service, all medications and treatments administered.
- Documents in EMR accurately and timely.
- Responds to resident needs with appropriate interventions with the licensure of an LPN.
- Provides nursing interventions according to the written plan of care.
- Gives and receives a thorough report to/from oncoming nurse.
- Monitors work performance of nursing assistants. Makes frequent rounds throughout shift.
- Suggests appropriate ways to solve problems and make improvements on the unit(s).
- Provides hands-on direct care, including ADLs and treatments as necessary. Identifies aspects of resident care that require the judgment and skill of an LPN and those that can be performed by other staff. Delegates specific nursing tasks appropriately to STNAs, excluding anything that requires nursing judgments.
- Performs activities related to medications and treatments in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Safely administers medications and treatments ordered by the physician.
- Maintains control of scheduled drugs and all drugs in medicine cart. Monitors for discrepancies and reports promptly to Nursing Manager.
- Keeps medication cart key-locked when not within eye view of nurse.
- Records and orders medications from the pharmacy.
- Monitors for and reports Adverse Drug Reactions appropriately.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need