The Sous Chef, St Clare CommonsCHI Living Communities
Perrysburg, OH Full-time
Posted on August 21, 2019
The Sous Chef is responsible for providing food service and dining for residents in compliance with federal and state regulations.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Supervises cooks to ensure recipes are followed.
- Develops and executes menu for the assigned area(s).
- Coordinates meal plan with the Executive Chef, Dietitian, and Dietary Technician
- Assumes responsibility for appearance, quality, quantity, temperature, palatability, and proper portion control of food items.
- Coordinates with the staff, Executive Chef, Dietitian, and nursing for production sheets, menu changes, and new products. Maintains appropriate records of food production, including production schedules and menu utilization.
- Demonstrates willingness to be a team player, utilizing problem-solving skills with customers and staff.
- In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Sous Chef shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent with some college preferred. Trained as a Sous Chef. Serve Safe Certified.
- Experience: Restaurant or Health Care experience preferred.
- Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.