Heavy Equipment OperatorGenoa Limestone, LLC.
Genoa Limestone is currently seeking qualified candidates willing to operate heavy equipment at their surface mining site located at 677 S Genoa Clay Center Rd. The following qualifications are preferred, however, substitution of these requirements with the necessary training may be considered:
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working with heavy equipment
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards
- Ability to maintain, inspect, clean, and occasionally repair pieces of heavy equipment
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work environment
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate various pieces of large equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations
- Performs routine pre-start and shutdown maintenance check on equipment.
- Performs routine and simple maintenance on all yard and plant equipment, such as lubricating, fueling, cleaning and replacing hoses or lights.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
- Regularly clean equipment to preserve its quality and functionality
- Perform minor repairs on equipment issues
- Report needs for repairs to the appropriate parties
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
WORK SCHEDULE The work schedule for this job could be 1st, 2nd shift. Shifts could be 8 or 10 hours. It is possible that you will be required to work overtime hours. Overtime, when required is mandatory. You could be required to work weekends as part of your shift.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods.