JOB SUMMARY: The Personal Trainer is responsible for providing users of the facility’s personal training service with a personalized fitness and healthy lifestyle program, which includes assessment of their fitness needs and then prescribing and exercise/lifestyle plan that will assist in achieving their goals.
JOB SPECIFIC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Growth Mindset: Actively looking to grow their clientele and provide evidence in support of growth.
- Professionalism: Maintain a high level of professionalism in all aspects of their role and maintain a standard of emotional intelligence. All interactions with fellow staff, clients, and members should be of the highest respect and quality, professional appearance will always be maintained, maintenance of certifications and continual education requirements are expected.
- Teamwork: Ability to work as a member of a larger team and actively refer to other trainers or exercise specialist, support one another, and work together towards organizational goals.
- Entrepreneurship: Look for ways to innovate, drive engagement, meet organizational goals, and have a measurable impact on our success. Maintain a sense of ownership over the services provided, independently run their own schedule, etc. all while ensuring all other Hancock Health policies, rules and guidelines are abided by.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates personalized exercise prescription based on health and fitness assessments and guidelines established by ACSM and the facility.
- Performs personal training sessions with members, achieving monthly session targets, as established by the facility.
- Maintains records of current and former personal training clients (including attendance, payment, workouts).
- Follows established procedures when equipment is found to be malfunctioning in an effort to return it to operational status within 24 hours, including posting appropriate status signage, notifying the Fitness Manager or maintenance personnel, and recording the problem in the equipment log binder.
- Remains knowledgeable and proficient in all facility rules, regulations, and policies and enforces when applicable.
- Teaches educational classes and group exercise classes as needed.
- Maintains current information on all center programs, services, and activities, and promotes them regularly.
- Displays competency in the operation of the facility’s computer hardware and software systems.
- Responds to all emergency situations according to facility policy and procedures.
- Greets members and guests by name and with a smile, and delivers world-class customer service at all times.
- Refers clients to other facility and hospital services as appropriate/needed.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Assumes other duties and projects as assigned.
|Hancock Regional Hospital serves Hancock County and the surrounding areas as a full-service community hospital focused on primary care, patient comfort, and convenience.
Today, a highly skilled medical and professional nursing staff anchors Hancock Regional Hospital. We have a state-of-the-art surgery department, 24-hour emergency services, OB services, progressive and critical care, a geropsychology unit, home healthcare, occupational health, a transitional care unit, a total oncology program with a cutting-edge radiation oncology center, many private rooms, and a full complement of Inpatient and outpatient services.
Our Mission is to be a Caring Community Partner by healing, improving health and wellness, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness one person at a time.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.