MechanicLUCAS COUNTY PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
Lucas County Engineers Office, 1049 S. McCord Rd, Holland, OH 43528
Normal Hours of Work: 6:30 AM To 4:30 PM (Hours subject to change) (Full-Time) Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay: Pay Range starts at $25.64
Status: Classified; Bargaining Unit; FLSA non-exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
(Refer to the position description for more detailed information) This work involves the maintenance and repair of the automobiles, trucks, construction equipment and related accessories used for the repair, maintenance and construction of public facilities such as highways, drainage, bridges and buildings. This work requires a skilled mechanic or the ability to perform mechanical work of equal difficulty and responsibility.
- Must be able to perform the work and duties of an Operator II and Laborer.
- One year experience as a skilled mechanic including experience in repairing truck and automotive mechanical and electrical systems: or six months of such experience and completion of a recognized trade or school course in auto mechanics.
- Must possess a valid Ohio CDL Class A license along with the tanker endorsement (N) to hold this position.
- Must possess current automotive service excellence (ASE) certification(s) in applicable areas related to Road Maintenance Department equipment, preferably the A and T series certifications.
- Additional certifications are desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer