Permits ManagerLUCAS COUNTY PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
Permits Manager Lucas County Engineers Office, 1049 S. McCord Rd
Normal Hours of Work: 7:30 AM until 4:00 PM (Full-Time) Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay: Pay Range from $30.72 to $40.09 per hour
Status: Classified: Non-Bargaining Unit; FLSA non-exempt
Summary of Responsibilities (Refer to position description for more detailed information)
The Office of the Lucas County Engineer is seeking a motivated self-starter who will perform technical and management work in organizing, managing, administering, and participating in activities related to the Office's permitting programs. Permitting programs include the Lucas County Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit program, as well other permit programs administered by the office (Access Management, Water Resources, Grading and Drainage, Right-of-Way permits, etc.). They desire a candidate that has practical experience managing complex work projects, can handle relationships with public stakeholders, and can apply expertise to program and operational issues. The incumbent will be working with a varied team of water resource professionals, GIS specialists, engineers, and the chief deputy engineer to plan, implement, and evaluate the Office's permitting programs.
* Bachelor's Degree in the physical or biological sciences (e.g. chemistry, physics, engineering, biology), environmental health, public health, natural resource or waste management, planning, management, or a closely related field. AND One (1) year of experience in planning, coordinating and implementing programs. or
* An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience totaling at least ten (10) years.
* Must have a valid driver's license with driving privileges and insurable driving record in the State of Ohio.
* Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), Certified Municipal Stormwater Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Erosion, Sediment, and Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI) and/or ability to obtain within 24-months of employment.
* Professional experience managing, evaluating or implementing complex projects or activities.
* Professional experience in a governmental project or program management role (i.e. city, state, county, or consulting/contracting for a municipality)
Position is also eligible for competitive Lucas County health insurance coverage and participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS). Equal Opportunity Employer