Chef De Cuisine
The Chef de Cuisine is second in command in the kitchen and is generally in charge of food productions. The chef is highly specialized and usually is in charge of only one kitchen. He/She ensures that all food production workers are performing their duties as prescribed by the quality of standards established by the executive chef. The Chef de Cuisine assumes all the duties of the executive chef in the chef's absence.
- Establishes menu forecasts based on house counts or business forecasts, previous experience, date, etc.
- Posts menu forecasts and prop list for all kitchen associates to view
- Supervises kitchen preparation service of all stations
- Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, dept rules/policies/procedures are maintained by kitchen associates.
- Supervises and assists in the production of all food items
- Assists chef in placing all meat, fish, and produce orders. Assists in scheduling of all kitchen associates.
- Takes accountability for all guest complaints and makes sure the problem is taken care of. Reports problem to executive chef.
- Verifies and assists in the placing of all requisitions to the warehouse for food items, chemicals, liquors, and paper.
- Completes line up with servers and restaurant manager every night prior to opening to review special veg, starch, soup, and gives an explanation of all questions asked.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
- Degree from post-secondary culinary arts training program.
- A minimum of five years in a food preparation position.
- Training in the specialization.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to kitchen associates, dining room staff, and guests.
- Communicate all resort news to Associates as needed; conduct daily stand-up meetings with Associates/team
- Attend all mandatory meetings within the F&B department and resort
- Must be able to lift/pull/push/carry approximately 10-30 pounds
- Must be to stand continuously for 90-95% periods of time
Why Work For Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and the ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- Year-Round Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days!
Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- X-PLAN FORD PRICING
- Verizon Wireless
- AT&T Wireless
- Sprint Wireless
- 84 Lumber
- & More!