Care Coordinator- Emergency Room, PRN, Variable
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Nursing
Posted on January 21, 2022
- Effectively and efficently coordinates care to patients by comitoring and evaluating interdisciplinary care
- Orients and educates patients/family members/vistors to the Emergency Room, policies, and procedures.
- Greeets individuals in a positive and caring manner
- Effectively and efficiently relay the needs and concerns of patient's famiy members/vistors to staff.
- Provides emotional support to family members as needed
- Receives requists and provides information to patient/family member as requested
- Assists in the resolutions of patient/family member issues/problems
- Promotes effective communication amongst care team, treating clinicians, patients, family members, etc.
- Serves as a liaison between patient care personnel and patients/families/visitors to ensure effective communication/interaction
- Assesses and maintains waiting room supplies in a cost-effective manner
- Complies with budgetary guidelines
- Adheres to NMHS/NMMC Policies/Procedures/Guidelines
- Complies with appropriate Local/State/Federal policies/procedures/guideline/regulations/laws/statues
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required; Associates Degree, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a clinical setting; required
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel); required
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills; required
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills; required
- Excellent human relations skills; required
- Excellent interpersonal skills; requiredWorking knowledge of the development of adolescent, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients; required