Certified Nursing Assistant (Full Time/7a-7p)Baldwyn
North Mississippi Medical Center Baldwyn, MS Full-time Nursing
Posted on December 10, 2021
- Performs tasks related to routine patient care within an assigned unit under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Assists with patient's plan of care by providing and/or assisting with activities of daily living, including but not limited to personal hygiene, grooming, mobility, and comfort
- Effectively and efficiently coordinates daily patient care activities on the nursing unit
- Assists nursing staff to better facilitate patient admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Performs a variety of duties both within and in support of assigned unit as delegated by nursing staff
- Responds to patient's call lights/requests and reports to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Assists patients in meeting nutritional needs, including but not limited to assisting with feeding, providing fluids and supplements.
- Orders, stocks, and replenishes unit supplies and necessary equipment in a cost efficient manner
- Participates in identifying unit financial responsibility during budget preparation
- Assists with keeping unit within its budget restraints
- Facilitates unit communication including, but not limited to, telephones, intercom system, call light system, computers, etc. and relays information as appropriate
- Communicates patient information, concerns, or issues to appropriate interdisciplinary team member(s)
- Facilitates and directs communication among visitors, employees, and physicians within assigned unit
- Welcomes visitors to the unit by greeting them, answering questions, giving directions, and referring inquiries as appropriate to nursing staff.
- Answers telephone and directs calls and inquiries to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Polite and friendly in all interactions whether by phone or in person
- Ensures a safe and clean environment for patients and health care team
- Documents care provided using worksheets and/or the electronic medical record
- Adheres to professional standards, behavioral standards, and hospital policies as set forth by the organization
- Complies with applicable Local/State/Federal policies/procedures/guideline/regulations/laws/statues
- Maintains confidentiality by protecting personal healthcare information of all patients.