House Supervisor FT Nights Nursing Administration Iuka
North Mississippi Medical Center Iuka, MS Full-time Nursing
Posted on December 10, 2021
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills and serves as a role model for staff and peers.
- Organizes and manages nursing service activities of each nursing unit within the main unit in compliance with the medical plan of care. Coordinates with Transfer Center regarding appropriate assignment of patients to nursing units
- Responsible for evaluating work performance of nursing service employees in terms of patient care, unit relations and efficiency of service.
- Assures adequately trained staff for safe and effective care working in conjunction with the staffing office and nurse managers.
- Considers budgetary staffing allowances when making staffing assignments.
- Functions as a clinical resource person for pediatric and adolescent
- Patients and provides a variety of clinical functions/nursing skills to the adult and geriatric patient. Responds to codes and other clinical emergencies.
- Must be licensed as an RN in the state of Mississippi
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (or complete degree within 6 months)
- Must have prior knowledge and experience in area of supervision (3-5 years preferred)
- Must maintain current knowledge of nursing standards of practice, regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Must meet continuing education requirements
- Must maintain knowledge and resources necessary to provide age appropriate care for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
- Must be ACLS and PALS certified
- Must have current CPR certification