Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN West Point
North Mississippi Medical Center West Point, MS Full-time Nursing
Posted on December 11, 2021
Direct patient care/Therapeutic Modalities:
- This position provides direct patient care and serves as the primary direct care provider for his/her shift. Ventilator management, airway management, oxygen administration, aerosolized medication administration, breathing exercise management, resident/family education: evaluate, recommend, and administer therapeutic regimen, following direct orders from MD/NP.
- Active in care planning and discharge planning process by attending care plan meetings, discharge planning meetings, setting and maintaining active care plans in medical record of respiratory goals of therapy and plan of care ordered.
- This position assesses and performs acid base, ventilatory, oxygenation, quality control/assurance and diagnostic procedures including but not limited to: ABGs, Oxygen Saturation
- This position performs clinical and physical assessment to assure individualized patient focused therapy and sets individualized goals for therapy. Screens, evaluates, makes recommendations for therapeutic regimen.
- This position makes appropriate adjustments necessary to balance the available staff to the comprehensive services expected of the Respiratory Care Department.
- This position maintains records to provide complete clinical information and assure accurate resident charging for services provided and accurate resident documentation/charting to assure compliance with regulatory agencies such as MS State Department of Health, OSHA, and JCAHO.
- This position maintains records of equipment to assure compliance with regulatory agencies such as MS State Department of Health, OSHA, and JCAHO.
- This position is required to participate on performance improvement team of choice including having an active role for the improvement of processes, policies, resident outcomes, etc. Staff are required to maintain records of participate and documented results.
- Serves as hand hygiene shopper as requested per infection control nurse.
- This position selects, assembles, assures proper function, performs maintenance and quality control, appropriately stores, troubleshoots all respiratory equipment, while maintaining infection control.
- This position performs equipment/supply inventory, documents and reports supply/equipment needs to Respiratory Supervisor/Logistics Manager of facility, checks in supplies and replaces inventory, stocks medications/supplies.
- Keeps abreast of current regulatory guidelines and assures compliance. (Respiratory Care Practitioner State Licensure, JCAHO, OSHA, MS State Board of Health, etc.).
- Must be a Certified Respiratory Therapist; Previous clinical experience is preferred.
- The incumbent maintains a valid and current Mississippi Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to care for a wide range of patients, including adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Primarily caring for adults and geriatrics.
- Possesses a working knowledge of NMHS Behavioral Standards and Employee Guidelines.
- New incumbents must complete in depth NMMC, BNF, and Respiratory Care Departmental specific orientation.
- Required to obtain 10 CEUs per year, completed annual CBT training as assigned, complete CARES training annually, and complete annual requirements for education as set per MS State Department of Health.