Steel Coil Slitter OperatorOhio Pickling & Processing
Are you interested in working in a high performance work team environment that comes with full benefits?
Ohio Pickling and Processing is a steel toll processing plant located in Toledo, Ohio. We have a current opening for a Parts Clerk.
In addition to the base pay, there are other components that make up the overall compensation package which include:
- Monthly Attendance Bonus
- Shift Premium Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation days after 1 year
- Full range of benefits including 401k with company match and also Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plans.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Controlling Machines and Processes - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Read and follow work orders, ability to use computer system to update orders
- Set-up machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques and order specifications
- Monitor quality - including surface quality, slit edges, width tolerance, gauge tolerance and other customer parameters
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed
- Train helpers with job duties and cross-train on other machines
- Complete all necessary reports accurately and in timely manner
- Adhere to production schedules and make recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet production goals
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures, and adhering to safety guidelines
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer Service focused with good communication skills
- Basic math, computer skills and ability to measure using different tools is required.
- Able to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Mathematics (addition/subtraction/fractions/decimals and measurements)
- Computer (email/Microsoft office) skills, Reading and Writing Comprehension, Critical Thinking Skills, Quality Control, Safe work practices
General knowledge of slitter operation is preferred but not required