Creating Young Readers Program CoordinatorRead For Literacy Inc.
Creating Young Readers Program Coordinator
The primary responsibility of the position is to assist in the successful implementation Creating Young Readers which seeks to encourage the development of literacy and social and emotional skills of children.
- Train, place and oversee volunteers at elementary school sites including maintaining appropriate volunteer paperwork.
- Pro-actively communicate with appropriate staff to assure staff understanding of the nature of the program and to maintain current student lists and volunteer needs.
- Maintain accurate account of numbers of volunteers and students, making management aware of needs and trends that affect the success of the project.
- Work with school center staff to gather necessary information to assess the program's success including the continued improvement of training, resources, assessments and outcome measurements.
- Related duties to support Read for Literacy initiatives, events and other duties as as signed.
- Knowledge of literacy education and the ability to interact pleasantly with the volunteers and students of all ages from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively and effectively with supervisor and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and perform detailed tasks neatly and accurately.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Experience in state-regulated child care center or willingness to learn about the laws and carry them into our program delivery preferred.
- Ability to type 35 wpm accurately with proficiency with Microsoft office including excel, word. Knowledge of access databases a plus required.
- Knowledge of working with volunteers in a fast pace setting required.
- Valid driver's license and transportation as needed required.
- The position is part-time, 25 hours per week.