Refrigeration Service Technician
REFRIGERATION SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Portland Branch, 14600 SW 72nd Ave, Portland, OR 97224
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or as required
Our highly trained Field Service Technicians are an integral part of our success, providing value to our customers after the sale. For more company information, please visit our web site at www.rogers-machinery.com.
BENEFITS: regular training, favorable work environment, generous profit sharing, 401K, full medical and dental coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, uniforms and cell phone. Pay is negotiable and depends on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service Repairs (95%)
Perform service repairs in the field at various customer sites. Review work order and related manuals, blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment and parts needed for service assignment.
Such duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform baisc maintenace and repairs on industrial refridgerated and desccicant compressed air dryers. Additional work on air compressors (5-500HP), positive displacement pumps, and vacuum systems may be nececesary.
- On field service calls, discuss assignment with customer’s representative and inspect installation site to verify that electrical supply wires, conduit, switches and circuit breakers are installed according to specifications.
- Read/follow sketches, schematics, blueprints, manufacturer’s specifications and maintenance manuals to determine troubleshooting procedure.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs using system troubleshooting methodology and diagnostic tools.
- Interpret readings on gages, indicators and dials.
- Visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Realign and adjusts components
- Apply knowledge of electrical circuits, mechanics, and pneumatics.
- Verify that electrical power is reaching the compressed air equipment and that voltage is as specified, using testing instruments.
- Test electrical components: such as, wiring, switches and relays, using test instruments, and replace faulty components.
- Troubleshoot PLC’s with diagnostic tools.
- Locate damaged air pipes on machine; may measure, cut threads or install pipe.
- Repair broken parts, using brazing, soldering & welding equipment, and hand tools.
- Start machine and equipment to test operation following repair.
- May train customer’s staff in operation of compressed air machinery.
Shop or Vehicle Clean-up and/or inventory; administrative duties (5%)
- Maintain company vehicle
- Organize and manage truck’s stock parts and tools
- Complete timecards, work orders & paperwork in a timely manner
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Previous Experience: Mechanical, 3 phase electrical, Refrigeration.
Exert force of 50-100 lbs. occasionally and 25-50 lbs. frequently, 10-20 lbs. constantly.
- Universal Refrigeration License
- Brazing certificate a plus
- Electrical controls experience helpful
- 1-3 years industrial refridgeration maintenance experience
- Apply system troubleshooting skills effectively
- Ability to recognize common mechanical and electrical components/read schematics
- Effective customer relations skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Some overtime work and occasional overnight travel