RESTAURANT MANAGER / GENERAL MANAGER
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead most aspects of our business. We are one of a kind American-Italian Restaurant that offers an experience most places do not have.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, bar, check-in with customers, balance seating capacity and ensure bartenders are complying with alcohol serving guidelines.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant experiences.
- Organize and supervise shifts.
- Train, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures.
- Work with the team to meet sales goals.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Work with team to meet profit objectives, by managing costs (food, labor, paper, etc.) and other controllable expenses.
- Execute company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product, and equipment.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure product availability and order product.
- Manage and maintain safe working conditions. Ensure execution of preventive maintenance.
- Manage, direct, and monitor employees to achieve quality, service, and cleanliness goals.
- Manage employees in a manner that maximizes retention. Achieve proper staffing levels. Interview and recommend candidates for selection.
- Provide proper training for employees and follow through to ensure standards are being met.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills with a strong customer focus.
- 2+ years restaurant/retail management experience in a fast-paced environment. A College degree is not required but can be useful. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Dependability is a MUST.
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law.
- Familiar with point-of-sale computers and software.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Must represent Roman Bistro's Vision and Values
- Ideally 2 years of supervisory experience, working in high volume restaurants
- Loves food and continuously upholds outstanding food quality standards
- Has an interest in learning about wine and how it pairs with food
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, schedules and provides ongoing development of FOH team members to Roman Bistro's standards
- Conducts inventory per company policy
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout the restaurant at all times
- Coaches and trains team members to increase knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
- Works directly with Event Coordinator in preparation for planned events
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert fast-paced mobility for periods up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to work within the following conditions: wet floors, temperature extremes and loud noise
- Ability to work calm and effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate and understand the primary language of the work location
- Ability to perform essential functions to Roman Bistro's standards with reasonable accommodation.
At Roman bistro, we care about our Team Members! We know you spend a lot of time at work, so we are committed to you living your best life – inside and out of our restaurants. Below is a summary of our benefit offerings*:
- Competitive earning opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Complimentary meal on shift
- Complimentary uniforms for Kitchen Managers
- Training and Development:
- Formal Training and Transition/Executive Coaching Programs for all Managers-in-Development
- Clearly defined career path and promotion criteria allowing for ongoing growth and development
- *Certain benefits are contingent upon additional terms, other restrictions and various eligibility requirements.
Roman Bistro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year