Business Development CoordinatorStarwood Retail Partners
he Business Development Coordinator provides support to the specialty leasing and partnership marketing program’s initiatives and projects. This position reports directly to the General Manager of the property, works with and takes directions from the Business Development Manager, Business Development Regional and the General Manager. This position is based in Toledo, OH.
- Performs high-level work such as organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging and analyzing information.
- Participates as administrative point person for assigned special projects and requests such as the monthly forecast report, budgeting, local / regional / national deal making, data collection, etc.
- Prepares, creates, edits requested documents, reports, and presentations via various programs such as Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Composes and types correspondence, memos, reports and maintains up-to-date retailer files – both hard files at the shopping center and digital files.
- Interacts with Corporate team members from various disciplines, center management team members, other employees and customers to assist with information exchange, problem solving, requests, complaints and conflict resolution.
- Collects and document sales information from Specialty Leasing retailers as stipulated in the License Agreements.
- Collects and maintains retailers’ and clients’ certificate of insurance and waivers prior to expiration and prior to set-up.
- Creates amendments, Lease Change Requests, opening/closing documents, defaults and any other accounting document relating to specialty leasing and partnership marketing programs.
- Serves as liaison between Shopping Center Management and Specialty Leasing retailers at the shopping center.
- Works directly with specialty leasing retailers from deal input, follow-through with deal approval, license agreement execution, collection of applicable deposits, insurance, and setup work orders and coordinates retailer move-in and move-out.
- Guides retailers through visual merchandising guidelines to meet scheduled commencement timelines and continuous upkeep such as visual merchandising layout, signage, approvals, remerchandising and follow up.
- Monitors, maintains and enforces common area standards by regularly communicating with retailers, following procedures, and completing daily reviews of the common area and inline retail visual merchandising.
- Focuses on accounts receivable specific to specialty leasing and partnership marketing collections and participates in monthly accounts receivable calls.
- Canvasses local shows, events, and markets for participants, cold call/solicit prospects via phone and email to secure deals for the Shop 360 programs and other leasing efforts including storage.
- Assists in additional projects and requests as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an Associate’s degree plus relevant work experience.
- 3 years of office administrative experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work and learn independently and in team situations
- Ability to develop strategic solutions required
- Persuasion and conflict resolution skills required
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with retailers/clients, and all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent PC, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook skills
- Prior experience with Salesforce is strongly recommended
- Prior knowledge of commercial real estate including a broad understanding of finance, leasing and legal a plus
- Prior sales experience a plus
- Prior lease coordinator experience a plus
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Results-oriented and high energy
- Highest level of personal integrity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues
Starwood Retail provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.