Planning and Zoning ManagerSylvania Township
Planning and Zoning Manager
Sylvania Township is seeking candidates for the position of Planning & Zoning Manager. Located in Lucas County Ohio, Sylvania Township has a population of approximately 48,000 and covers 21 square miles. The Planning & Zoning Manager oversees the Township's planning and zoning operations and is responsible for the overall functions of the department. The Planning & Zoning Manager reports directly to the Township Administrator and manages two part-time administrative staff members.
- Reviews and approves zoning permits
- Coordinates site plan reviews
- Prepares staff reports
- Provides subject matter expertise to the Township Boards
- Administers the Township's Zoning Resolution and Land Use Plan
- Supervises part-time support staff and oversees zoning compliance issues
- Represents the Township at Lucas County Plan Commission and other applicable outside meetings
- Provides assistance to the public, developers and other stakeholders on zoning and land use matters
- Prepares and oversees bi-weekly department payroll
- Prepares monthly zoning reports and other related reports
- Maintains zoning records
- Conducts site visits to properties and on-going projects in the Township
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Geography, Public Administration or related field
- Experience in public service/customer service
The ideal candidate will possess four years of management experience in zoning, urban planning, or related field, knowledge of local governmental operations, and supervisory experience, preferably in a township environment.
Sylvania Township offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sylvania Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.