Local Sales and Events ManagerThe Blade
Local Sales and Events Manager
The Blade, the Pulitzer-prize winning newspaper and Toledo's #1 source for news, information and advertising, is looking for a Local Sales and Events Manager to join our Advertising Department. The Blade is not only the largest newspaper in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, but along with toledoblade.com, Blade NewsSlide, and eBlade we reach more than 300,000 people weekly. The Local Sales and Events Manager is responsible for leading and coaching outside local sales staff and the successful execution of The Blade special sections and events, including securing event sponsorship opportunities, event management, and volunteer oversight. The Local Sales and Events Manager works directly with the local sales team to develop and implement advertising strategies, and provide effective communication, training and support to the team. This position also generates excitement for our product and promotes our brand by organizing events and managing special sections.
The Local Sales and Events Manager is responsible for the following functions at The Blade: Sales Management
- Provide leadership and support to local sales team;
- Identify areas for performance improvement and develop strategies to attain goals;
- Assist on sales calls and presentations;
- Manage communication and execution of special sections to ensure on time production and increased sales efforts; Event Management
- Creating event plans for individual events throughout the year;
- Collaborating with Marketing & Creative Services team to create promotional and informational content such as e-mail communications, displays, brochures and flyers;
- Overseeing event logistics, including contracting, venue set up and design, and technical services;
- Volunteer coordination and communicating logistics to involved staff and volunteers.
The successful candidate will possess the following position requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or equivalent related work experience;
- At least 3 years of event planning experience preferred;
- Strong knowledge of digital platforms;
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Strong project management and leadership experience;
- Strong executive presence and experience interfacing with senior leaders;
- Must be self-motivated, articulate, and possess excellent verbal and written communications as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to develop, build and maintain strong relationships with sales team, partners, vendors, and customers;
- Demonstrates ability to present self positively to public and coworkers;
- Ability to create convincing proposals and documentation;
- Displays exceptional work ethic, time management, and organization skills;
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and reliable transportation.
This is a management position that reports directly to the Director of Sales and supports the Director of Marketing & Creative Services. We provide a competitive salary and benefits and are an equal opportunity employer.