Media Sales Manager
The Blade, an award winning, family-owned multi-media company, is seeking an experienced Media Sales Manager to join our Advertising department. The Media Sales Manager should have proven leadership abilities and a passion for mentoring and growing a sales team.
The Media Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales and is responsible for the following functions at The Blade:
- Lead a sales team on all aspects of advertising sales to achieve revenue and digital objectives.
- Coordinate and develop training programs for sales staff and evaluate reps’ sales activity to manage performance potential.
- Assist sales reps on sales calls and provide assistance with sales presentations and proposals.
- Assist sales reps in building strong long-term relationships with new and existing accounts.
- Actively participate in the creation and implementation of sales opportunities and initiatives that will grow revenue and provide value to customers.
- Analyze research data to assist with targeting growth opportunities, with a heavy emphasis on the growth of digital advertising.
- Develop fluency with all Blade digital products and offerings.
- Assist director of sales in the preparation of revenue and expense budgets.
- Collaborate with other department managers to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Follow and enforce the Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned in support of business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing and advertising;
- 5 years of sales experience, preferably on digital platforms;
- 2 years of managerial/supervisory or training experience;
- Experience or knowledge of print media is a plus;
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor staff;
- Display exceptional work ethic, time management, and organization skills.
The Blade is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)